The Perfect Red Lip
Who doesn’t love a bold red lipstick? It’s chic and classic and I think every woman should have a go-to shade. Mine is the MAC Velvetease Lip Pencil in Reddy to Go. It’s a deep, matte red and I love wearing it this time of year. A red lip is the perfect finishing touch to make a look really pop!
Although the MAC Velvetease pencil is my go-to, anyone who knows me will tell you I have a weakness for lip shades. I have used the same foundation and eye palette brands for a decade, but I can never get enough different lip shades. So, it’s safe to say I’ve sampled A LOT of red lip shades during my quest to find my favorite. I’m rounding up some of the best ones I’ve tried below!
1. MAC Velvetease Lip Pencil in Reddy to Go
2. Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat Lip Liner in Kiss ‘N’ Tell
*SIDE NOTE: Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat is my FAVORITE lip liner of all time. If you have not tried it yet you will be amazed. It is by far the longest lasting lip liner I have ever tried and allows you to shape and define your lips. I’m obsessed with the Pillow Talk shade!
3. MAC Pro Longwear Lip Pencil in He Said, She Said
1. MAC Retro Matte Lipstick in Ruby Woo
2. MAC Matte Lipstick in Russian Red
3. Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution Luminous Modern-Matte Lipstick in Red Carpet Red
1. Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupté Shine Lipstick in Rouge in Danger
2. Yves Saint Laurent Glossy Stain Lip Color in Rouge Fusion
3. Charlotte Tilbury Lip Lustre in Red Vixen
On a separate lip note, I always prepare my lips with the MAC Prep and Prime lip primer before applying any lip color. It allows for a smoother application and less feathering and creasing. I’ve been using it for years and it’s one of my favorite beauty products!
Don’t think I forgot about the other outfit details! What better way to compliment a red lip than with red accessories? Scroll for links!
Whats your go-to red lip color? I’d love to know! As always, thank you so much for reading! XOXO